|This page will help you diagnose and repair your electric clothes dryer. Many common problems are covered here.
If you bypassed the Warning & Disclaimer page, please read it now. (Required)
#1 Dryer drum does not turn
- Make sure you check the circuit breakers in the house service panel and reset if necessary
- Listen to see if the motor is running, if the motor is running and the drum is not turning then the drum belt is broken
- To replace the belt on most newer models pop the top and remove screws from front on the inside, then slip the belt over the drum from the front and put around idler and motor drive pulley from rear.
#2 Dryer does not heat
- MAKE SURE POWER IS OFF BEFORE REMOVING ANY PARTS FROM DRYER.
- Check for power same as item #1 above
- Motor must be running for dryer to heat.
- Check to make sure temp select switch is not set to air fluff.
- Check dryer door switch
- Check dryer thermostats (these are usually located on the heater element canister and in the dryer door opening.)
- Check dryer element for continuity you visually look at it to see if it is broken.
#3 Dryer heats but takes to long to dry
- Check to make sure dryer vent is not obstructed (also check roof vent they have screens to keep birds out and get
- Check dryer thermostats
- Make sure blower is not slipping on motor shaft